Best airdyne bike
Airdyne bikes (a.k.a Air Bikes) offer a very productive workout routine that engages both arms and legs in exercise, so that you can burn as many calories as possible. They have wind resistance fans that make workouts challenging by producing resistance to motion. These air resistance fans make cycling a bit tough so, the faster you peddle, the higher the resistance. This way, you will burn more and more calories each time you work the bike.
Air bikes are far much better than spin bikes because they engage your whole body in workouts. Unlike spin bikes, air bikes support better upper body and lower body exercises.
One really useful feature of airdyne bikes is the display screen that tells you how many calories you’ve burned, your heart rate, and the time elapsed. This helps you track your progress and keeps you on the road to achieving your fitness goals. There are many airdyne bikes in the market with amazing features so choosing the best might not so easy after all. This article highlights the best air bikes in 2020.
1.The Octane Airdyne ADX
The Octane Airdyne has some of the best air bikes. This one features a 26-blade air fan for high performance, a moisture repellant body and an adjustable seat. Its appearance is as wonderful as its performance. This air bike has many features that have made it number one on our list.
- LCD tachometer- This tracks your progress while burning those calories and achieving your goals. It calculates and displays the calorie burn per minute. The data is displayed like that on a speedometer, and you get encouraged to work harder each time the reading falls.
- Multi-Position seat- The ADX air bike has a big seat with an oversized cushion for your comfort. It also has fore/aft height adjustments that make it the perfect air bike for multiple exercise, e.g. warming up, HIIT training and for cooling down.
- Moisture resistance steel frame- Octane ADX air bike has a dual-coated steel body that prevents corrosion caused by moisture. Moisture in the gym is inevitable and can’t be avoided. The dual coat moisture resistance construction also preserves your air bike from damage.
- High-performance fan- The air bike has a 26-blade fan that keeps you cooled as you cycle.
- Resistance Levels- The Octane Airdyne ADX air bike is equipped with a progressive wind resistance
- Single-stage belt drive- This allows you to instantly activate the airdyne and start your motion in a smooth manner.
- Water bottle holder-
- Heavy-duty performance- The Octane Airdyne ADX is built to work with the user’s pace. It is suitable for both beginners and elite athletes. The adjustable seat is also made to give you comfort during workouts.
- Easy navigation- The digital display console is easy to navigate and control. It has user buttons that help you choose which stats you want to view/edit. e.g. RPM, calories, distance, calories and watts.
- Available training programs- The Octane air bike training programs give you many options for training exercises. There are custom routines and high-intensity training programs (20/10 intervals & 30/90 intervals) which allows you to put some effort into your workouts.
- Good performance- The airdyne bike has a wind resistance fan that enhances smooth motion as you start cycling or as you slow down.
- Durability- The double-coated steel body of the air bike prevents moisture and keeps it rust-proof. There’s also a warranty in case the air bike is defective.
The Octane ADX air bikes can be used by both pros and beginners so don’t feel intimidated because you too can build your way up. We all start from somewhere.
2.The Schwinn AD7 Airdyne Bike
Similar to the Assault air bike. Schwinn air bike series is quite impressive. Schwinn has some of the best air bikes for home use (AD7) and also commercial use ( Schwinn Airdyne pro). The Schwinn Airdyne AD7 bike has some cool technology that merges air resistance with high performance and enables you to do your workouts comfortably at home or gym. It also features a high-performance single stage belt drive system.
- Heart rate monitor- AD7 air bike uses telemetric heart rate technology to measure your heart rate.
- LCD display screen (High resolution)- The multi-display screen displays metric data such as the heart rate, time distance, speed, watts and calories.
- Progressive wind resistance- This feature enables the air bike to take on a huge number of challenges. The fans provide a high air resistance, giving you a worthy challenge to tackle. The faster you peddle, the higher the air resistance.
- Single stage belt drive system- The system requires low maintenance and facilitates power transfer, thus incorporating many levels of resistance. It also keeps the air bike running as quietly as possible.
- Training programs- The air bike comes with interval, target programs for your muscles.
- Multiposition handles- The handlebars support a wide range of users. They also offer numerous workout options.
- Padded replaceable seat- Provides comfort and height adjustments. In case of damage, you can always replace it.
- Power batteries- It comes with 2D batteries.
- Water bottle included
- 5-year warranty for the frame, 1year for electrical parts, 90 days for labour.
- Maximum user weight 350lb (158.8kg)
- Comfort- The airdyne bike has multiple comfort features including adjustable seats, noise-reducing fan and a wide optimized handlebars for tight for hand grips.
- Durability- Schwinn AD7 air bike has one of the best powder-coated steel constructions that also prevent sweat and water from corroding the body.
- Great performance- The single stage belt drive system. Enhanced by a perimeter weighted fan for smooth rides. It also has in-built target and interval programs that help you measure your calorie-burning progress.
- Long term warranty for frame (5 years), electrical parts (1 year) and labor (90 days)
- The warranty only serves for home use, not commercial use. You can get Schwinn AD pro for commercial use.
The AD7 and airdyne pro are of the same model, but made for different purposes. It is not designed for commercial purposes. If you want a commercial version, get the Schwinn airdyne pro. The two have a difference. Here is a shortlist of the differences:
- Schwinn airdyne AD7 is suited for home use while Schwinn airdyne pro is for commercial use.
- The warranties are different- Schwinn airdyne AD7 has 5yrs frame, 1yr electrical parts and 90 days labor. On the other hand, Schwinn airdyne pro has 10yrs frame, 2yrs electrical parts and 6months labor.
- Schwinn airdyne pro is targetted towards commercial users e.g trainers and gyms. The airdyne AD7 is made home users.
3.Schwinn AD6 Airdyne
This is one of the Schwinn airdyne bike series. Its features are almost similar to the Schwinn airdyne pro & the AD7, only that it is short of just a few things. For example, both AD7 & AD6 air bikes have almost similar belt drive system, a noise-reducing fan to cool you during exercise. The AD6 air bike has a progressive wind resistance system that accepts all levels of challenge. Here are the features:
- Dual-stage torque belt drive- This ensures that the fan does not make much noise during workouts.
- Telemetric heart monitor- Provides accurate heart data as you work out.
- RPM gauge- The air bike features an RPM gauge used for interval training.
- Progressive wind resistance- The signature wind resistance system accepts all intense challenge levels. It ensures that your input matches the output.
- Maximum user weight of 300lb(136kg)
- Self-balancing pedals- The foot pedals are equipped with foot straps to keep your feet in position as you cycle. They also give you more control of your workouts.
- LCD screen display- The lcd console displays metric data such as the heart rate, RPM, speed and time distance elapsed.
- Water bottle holder
- Easy transport- The airdyne comes with transport wheels for easy relocation. You can move it to a convenient position.
- Added accessories- The air bike comes with an additional windscreen and reading rack.
- Comfort- The seats are oversized and extra padded for comfort.
Schwinn Airdyne 6 air bike is designed for building strength and also to help burn as many calories as possible. It’s a bit tough to beat this bike since its design can take all your intense workouts such as interval training.
4.Marcy Exercise Upright Airdyne bike (Marcy AIR 1 Fan Bike
The Marcy AIR 1 fan bike is designed to give you cardio exercises. It features double-action arms for upper body workouts and a state-of-the-art air resistance system to build higher air resistance to faster peddling. This air bike also features a simplistic computer that displays metric data such as the distance, time, calories burned, speed and a scan mode.
Main features include:
- Adjustable seat- Marcy AIR 1 air bike features an adjustable seat. The seat accommodates all users to a proper form as they do their workouts.
- LCD Monitor- The Marcy AIR 1 air bike has an lcd console that acts as an odometer. This screen displays large easily visible metrics such as distance, time, speed and also calories.
- High performance air resistance system-Instead of a flywheel, this air bike uses a fan which increases air resistance. The faster you peddle, the higher the air resistance. This produces a stream of cool air that gives you comfort during a high intensity workout.
- A premium steel frame- The steel frame is made from a14- gauge steel tubing with a powder-coated finish. It is also scratch resistant and highly durable to preserve the air bike performance for a long time.
- Dual-action exercise handlebars- The bars give you a great workout for your upper body and your targeted muscle groups.
- Progress tracking- The battery-powered LCD console plays a very crucial role in tracking your progress. It generates and displays useful data like speed, time and calories burned, thus giving you a rough picture of how much progress you’re making.
- Easy transport- You can easily move the air bike to a desired position. It comes with transporting wheels.
- Enhanced comfort- The bike’s adjustable seat can also take multiple body forms. This makes it one of the best air bikes to get for your home gym.
- Durability- The air bike has a strong powder-coated steel structure that protects it from scratches and rust. This extends its life in service to your exercising goals.
- Warranty- The air bike comes with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Air bikes are great for a number of exercise routines. You can target certain muscle groups in your lower or upper body. Just remember not to overdo it because this could lead to more harm than good. It could also lead to serious muscle damage and these issues don’t go away easily. Only do what you can at the time and leave the rest for the future.
The best air bike that matches your needs is out there waiting for you to make the call.