Ayurveda is the science of health and medicine introduced in India from more than 6000 years ago. Basically ayurveda is a sanskrit word which consists of two words namely “ayur” which means “life” and “veda” means “knowledge”. Ayurveda deals not only with treatment of diseases but also describes the complete style of living our precious life.
Ayurveda strongly believes that one should have a healthy weight loss rather than loosing too much weight leading to weakness and dizziness. Tips to loose weight in Ayurveda includes two things : Your body type and Diet apart from exercise. According to ayurveda weight loss technique, the following steps are taken in consideration :
- First of all your body type is identified (it can be vata, pita and kapha).
- Diet is decided on the basis of body type because every body reacts to food in a different way. For example, the food that can cause fattiness in you might not result in any weight gain in your friend.
- In most of the cases, the kapha dosha is the one that leads to the gain weight. So kapha dosha is modified by changing the diet.
- Take oil of your body type and massage your body which will help you to loose weight according to ayurveda.
- Apart from diet , ayurveda includes exercise to loose weight .For best results exercise should be done on regular basis .More exercise the faster u loose weight.
- Do not exercise under excessive strain. Breaking a nice sweat is good, but being totally breathless is probably too much.
- You should have sound sleep.
Ayurveda Diet To Lose Weight( For Kapha ):
General Composition For Diet to Burn Fat faster :
- 30 to 40% of your diet should be whole grains.
- 20 to 30% protein (from both vegetarian and non-vegetarian sources)
- 40 to 50% mostly vegetables and some fruit.
Diet Recommendations :
- Try reducing fatty foods, dairy, ice cream, meats (specially red meat) etc.
- Have hot drinks instead of cold ones. For example, Drink teas, hot water, instead of cold sodas and milk shakes.
- Eat spicy food. Ginger, cinnamon, coriander and other hot spices will all work to help you reduce Kapha and will have adverse to your increased weight. Foods whose tastes are bitter and astringent alll anti-Kapha and will help you in burning fat. Avoid sweet, sour and salty food.
- Increase salads, beans, dry cereals and cooked grains in your diet.
- Eat one big meal a day and make it either your lunch or your breakfast.Avoid heavy meals at night.
- Try having substitutes for snakes. For example, have a glass of hot lemonade made with honey. This will help burn fat and keep away the hunger.
Check Out : Gain Weight With Ayuvedic Tips